The Grand Tour of Iceland takes you on an unforgettable journey to the Snæfellsnes Peninsula and the magical West Fjords. Experience the spectacular splendour and untamed beauty of Iceland's beautiful nature, breathtaking scenery and unique Icelandic history and culture.
What to expect?
Iceland is a country like no other, almost its own little planet with exceptional landscapes. Iceland is home to some of the world's finest waterfalls, erupting geysers, stunning fjords, magical lagoons, active volcanoes, majestic glaciers, powerful lava flows and tranquil lakes with rare-breeding birdlife.
The Grand Tour of Iceland takes you on an unforgettable journey around Iceland including the Snæfellsnes Peninsula and the magical West Fjords. These western areas are left unexplored by most of our visitors.
You will discover some of the most remote parts of the country and visit many well-known highlights as well. Our Grand Tour of Iceland features all the best the country has to offer. Each day combines touring by bus, going for light walks, having soft adventures and experiencing Icelandic culture and history. We stay in simple and charming guesthouses, farms and tourist-class hotels, many of them set in the most stunning locations.
Highlights and Experiences:
- A complete coach tour around Iceland including the Snæfellsnes Peninsula and the West Fjords
- Explore three national parks
- See the scarcely visited waterfall Dynjandi, elected and the most beautiful waterfall in Iceland's by Icelanders
- Ferry trip to the West Fjords, daily leisurely walks, visit a lava cave and soak in a geothermal nature bath
- Boat trip between floating icebergs on Jökulsárlón glacial lagoon
- Visits to small local museums, cultural experiences, and a horse show
- See more sea-cliff birds than you can ever count
- Overnight in Fellsströnd (day 5) and Borgarfjörður-Eystri (day 9), two locations that most visitors to Iceland never see
- Small groups, maximum 20 persons
This tour is unfortunately not wheelchair accessible.
A supplement can be made for a guaranteed window seat on our fully escorted coach tours which includes a window seat and the next seat remaining empty (a passenger gets two seats). Seats will be reserved in the front rows of the bus, on first comes - first served basis.
Please note: this tour has an average of 1 - 2 hours light walking each day, mostly short walks of 5 - 20 minutes, to explore and reach many of the natural treasures around Iceland. It is an easy tour for nearly everyone to participate. Grand Tour of Iceland is not a hiking/walking tour, but most trails in Iceland are nature trails which include uneven terrain, gravels, stairs and not paved trails.
There is a possibility that some of the natural attractions around Iceland might charge an entrance fee during the trip. These entrance fees are not included in the tour price and need to be paid by all tour members additionally on the spot when entering any of these natural sites. Locations, amount of entrance fee, form of payment and other details are not known at present and are subject to change.